Shiroae is Japanese traditional tofu dish. Traditionally, we grind whole sesame slowly to make paste for dressing but this recipe uses tahini to save time and give more creamy texture.
(Serves 4 to 5)
1 bunch English Spinach
1/2 (50g) Carrot
Aegoromo (Tofu and sesame dressing)
1/2 (150g) Silken Tofu
1 tbsp Carwari Organic Hulled Tahini
1 tbsp Carwari Organic Unhullled Tahini
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Miso Pinch of salt
1. Wash the spinach and separate the stalks and leaves.
2. Place stalk of spinach in a sauce pan of boiling water and cook for 30 seconds, add the leaves and cook for 5 seconds, then drain and squeeze any excess liquid from spinach. Chop into bite size pieces.
3. Shred the carrot and boil for 30 seconds. Slice the konnyaku and boil for 2 minutes and drain.
4. To make aegoromo, microwave the tofu for 1 minute and cool down.
5. Place the tofu, tahini, sugar, miso and salt in a food processor and process.
6. Place spinach, carrot, konnyaku and aegoromo, then toss well.
This recipe is provided by Healthy Soy Cooking. If you are interested in healthy or soy recipes, please visit www.healthysoycooking.com.