For 10 - 15 balls
Corn Flour for dusting over the temple balls
Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil & Olive Oil (1:1) for deep frying
(Marinade Sauce for Tempeh Balls)
1 Teaspoon Carwari Miso Paste Red
2 Teaspoons Carwari Tamari Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Carwari Agave Nectar
1 clove Garlic or 4-5g Grated Garlic
4-5g Grated Ginger
1. Make the marinade sauce. Mix all of the marinade ingredients until well combined.
2. Tear the tempeh into small pieces and make bite-sized balls.
3. Marinate the tempeh balls into the marinade sauce for 1 hour or so.
4. Lightly coat the marinated tempeh balls with corn flour and deep fry them until golden brown.
5. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
6. Serve with vegetables and a wedge of lemon or lime or dipping sauce such as Vinegar & Tamari sauce*.
*Vinegar & Tamari Sauce. Just mix Carwari Rice Vinegar and Carwari Tamari Sauce with a ratio of 1:1.