For 40+ Small Cookies
100g Carwari White Sesame Flour
2 teaspoons Bicarbonate Soda
60g Carwari Agave Nectar
20g Carwari Blackstrap Molasses
100g Coconut Sugar
2-3 teaspoons Freshly Grated Ginger (add more or less for your preferred taste)
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1. Put the butter, blackstrap molasses, agave nectar, coconut sugar and freshly grated ginger in a small saucepan and place over a low heat and stir every so often. Cook until all ingredients are melted together. Do not the syrup mixture bubbling or boiling over. Remove from the heat and let it sit to cool down; cool enough to touch.
2. In a large bowl place sesame flour, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and bicarbonate soda and combine well.
3. Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients mixture and mix well and make a dough.
4. Wrap the cookie dough with a piece of cling wrap tightly and place into the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Sprinkle the rolling surface with a little extra sesame flour and roll until 5mm thick. Using cookie cutters, cut shapes from dough. Re-rolling scraps. Place on the lined trays.
6. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees. Bake for 5 minutes or until the outside edge of the cookies are starting to brown.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes or until firm enough to transfer to wire rack. Transferring to a wire rack cool fully.