For 2 servings
8 to 10 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms (around 50g)
2 Tablespoons Carwari Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Carwari Organic Mirin
2 Tablespoons Carwari Organic Agave Nectar
1. Rinse dried shiitake mushrooms in a bowl and drain. Add 400ml water and soak for 5 hours.
2. Trim stem of the shiitake mushrooms. (Reserve the shiitake soaking water.)
3. Put the shiitake mushrooms with the soaking water, tamari soy sauce, mirin and agave nectar in a sauce pan. Cook with medium heat and remove the scum which comes out on the surface after it's boiled.
4. Put a drop-lid or a cooking paper on top of the simmering shiitake mushrooms and let it simmer further 15 minutes with low heat. Remove from the heat once the simmering sauce boiled down to proper consistency.
5. Serve with cooked rice or boiled vegetables and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and chopped shallots on top.
*If you want to use them for Sushi, boil down to until the simmering sauce is almost disappeared.