For cakes from a 20cm x 20cm cake tin
100g Carwari Sesame Flour
50g Corn Flour
1.5 teaspoons Bicarbonate Soda
1 teaspoon Carwari Rice Vinegar
30ml Carwari Agave Nectar
40g Coconut Sugar
60ml Soy Milk
60ml Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of sea salt
50g Cocoa Powder (100% cocoa)
40g Non-daily margarine
30g Carwari Agave Nectar
50g boiling Water
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
(Desiccated Coconut and Berry Jam for assemble)
1. To make the sponge, Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Put soy milk and rice vinegar into a small bowl and mix.
3. Sieve the sesame flour, corn flour and bicarbonate soda into a bowl.
4. Put eggs, soy milk, agave nectar, coconut sugar, sesame oil and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Then increase speed to medium and beat until the mixture becomes pale in colour.
5. Place the mixture into the lined tin and lightly tap the tin on the bench a few times to get rid of excess bubbles.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool in the tin, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely; around 30 - 40 minutes.
8. To make the chocolate icing, put cocoa powder into a medium bowl and add the boiling water, agave nectar, vanilla and margarine and stir until smooth.
9. Trim the edges of the cooled cake then cut into 2 layers. Spread berry jam over the top surface of the bottom layer and place the upper layer on top.
10. Cut the cake into small portions (3 x 2cm each or your favourite size).
11. Dip each cake into the chocolate icing and spoon the icing over the top and sides to completely coat. Let the excess drip off and place it in the coconut to coat. Allow to set on a wire rack and repeat with the remaining cakes.