1x 300g packet of Tofu (Medium or Firm Tofu is easier to handle)
For Marinade Sauce:
Carwari Miso Red - 2 tablespoons
Carwari Agave Nectar - 2 tablespoons
Carwari Tamari Soy Sauce - 2 tablespoons
Carwari Toasted Sesame Oil - 1 tablespoon for pan-frying
For Chia Dressing:
Carwari Chia Seed - 1 tablespoon
Water - 3 tablespoons
Carwari Tamari Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
Carwari Toasted Sesame Oil - 1 tablespoon
Carwari Agave Nectar - 1 tablespoon
Carwari Rice Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
Red Onion (thinly sliced) - 1/6 onion
Snow Pea Sprouts - 1 handful
1. Prepare the dressing. Soak the Chia seed in the water and wait 10-15 minutes.
2. Add the other Chia Dressing ingredients and mix well
3. Make the marinade sauce: Mix together all of the ingredients until well-combined.
4. Soak the thinly sliced onions into ice water to make it crunchier.
5. Remove the excess water from the Tofu. The quickest way is wrapping the tofu with paper towels and heat it for around 1 minute in the microwave oven
6. Cut the tofu into 6 cubes and coat all surfaces of the tofu cubes with the marinade.
7. Heat a frying pan and pour the Toasted Sesame Oil on the pan.
8. Fry the marinated tofu over medium heat. Turn the tofu every 1-2 minutes to cook evenly across all surface.
9. Place 3 cubed tofu steaks on each plate.
10. Drain the sliced onion and remove all excess water.
11. Place the garnishing vegetables and pour the chia dressing.