25-30g of Carwari Brown Rice Miso Red
500ml of water
5g of dried & Cut Wakame seaweed
100g of Momen Tofu (cut into 1-2cm cubes )
1 or 2 teaspoons of chopped Spring Onions
1. Put 500ml of water in a saucepan and add the dried Wakame seaweed to soak for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat the saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat just before boiling point.
3. Add the tofu cubes and simmer for 30 seconds or until just before boiling point.
4. Remove from the heat before adding the miso to the soup. Dissolve the miso until no lumps are present.
(Tip: An easy way to dissolve the Miso is to put the Miso in a tea strainer and press down with the back of a spoon. Alternatively, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the hot water from the saucepan to the Miso and dissolve the miso with a fork.)
5. Ladle the miso soup into individual bowls and sprinkle green onions.
*Note: Do not boil the miso soup otherwise you will lose the flavour of Miso.