1 Tablespoon Carwari Organic Extra Virgin Sesame Oil for cooking the eggplant
Carwari Organic Sesame Seeds for garnish - Toasted in a frying pan on low heat until golden
(Miso Dengaku Sauce)
1 Tablespoons Carwari Organic Miso Paste Red
1 Tablespoons Carwari Organic Cooking Sake
1 Tablespoons Carwari Organic Agave Nectar Dark
1/2 Tablespoon Carwari Organic Black Tahini
1 teaspoons Carwari Organic Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
1. Cut eggplant in half, lengthwise. Then score around edge and diagonally. Soaking the eggplant water for 10 mins or so to remove bitterness.
2. Make the Dengaku Sauce. Put all ingredients in a sauce pan except Tahini and heat it up on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes then take off from the heat. Add tahini and whisk well.
3. Take the eggplant out the water and wipe off the excess water with a paper towel.
4. Heat a frying pan and pour sesame oil and cook the eggplant skin side for 5 - 10 minutes over medium heat. Flip it over and cook the cut side on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. *
5. Serve it on a plate and pour the dengaku sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
*Before cooking the eggplant on a frying pan, you can microwave it if you are in hurry.
*You can cook the eggplant in oven instead of pan-frying.