For 22-23cm Round Cake
Ingredients for Cake
(Dry) 50g Carwari Organic Sesame Flour White
(Dry) 150g Carwari Organic Raw Almonds - grind in a food processor
(Dry) 100g Fine Polenta
(Dry) 1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
(Wet) 3 TBS Carwari Organic Yuzu Spread
(Wet) 120ml Carwari Organic Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
(Wet) 70ml Carwari Organic Agave Nectar Dark
(Wet) 250ml Soy Milk
(Wet) 20ml Lemon Juice
Ingredients for Yuzu Syrup
20ml Lemon Juice
Edible flowers (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line base of a cake tin with a baking paper.
2. Grind raw almonds of dry ingredients in a food processor. Place all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.
3. Place all of the wet ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix.
4. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Leave the cake in the tin.
7. Prepare the Yuzu Syrup. Heat Mirin in a sauce pan over low heat. Stop heating once bubbles come out. Stir in and dissolve Yuzu Spread. Adjust the taste with lemon juice.
8. Poke some holes in the cake using a skewer. Then pour the syrup over the cake. Allow the cake to absorb the syrup and cool down.
9. After completely cool down, scatter roughly crushed Carwari Organic Maple Almonds and edible flowers.
10. Serve with Carwari Organic Yuzu Spread if you desire. You can feel more Yuzu and Almond flavour if you warm it up.