For 4 serves
1/2 Onion – minced
3 tablespoons Rice Flour
2 tablespoons Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
400ml Soy Milk
1 tablespoon Carwari Miso White
100g Mushroom – sliced
1/2 tablespoon Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
80g Corn Kernel
300g Silken Tofu
1 tablespoon Carwari White Miso
1 tablespoon Corn Flour
1 teaspoon Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
1. Drain the water from the Tofu for the Tofu Cheese. Wrap the tofu with paper towel and heat it up in a microwave oven for 2 minutes. Change paper towel a few times to get rid of excess water.
2. Make the sauce. Saute the mined onion in the Sesame Oil until it softens. Sift the rice flour over the sautéed onion and cook for a further few minutes. Add a 200ml of Soy Milk and Miso and stir well until rice flour and Miso dissolves. After the sauce becomes thicken, then add the rest of Soy milk and cook until thick and creamy.
3. Cook the macaroni according to package instructions, drain the macaroni.
4. Slice the pumpkin into 1cm thickness and line it up on a plate, then heat up in a microwave oven for a few minutes until softens.
5. Slice the mushroom thinly and cook in a heated frying pan with the Sesame oil.
6. Make the Tofu Cheese. Put the drained Tofu (1) and all the other Tofu Cheese ingredients into a blender and blend well until it becomes smooth and creamy texture.
7. Put the macaroni, pumpkin, mushroom and corn kernels into the sauce to coat them well with the sauce.
8. Pour the sauce coated filling into 4 baking dishes and pour the tofu cheese on top.
9. Cook them in the 200 degrees preheated oven for 20 –25 minutes.
*Use gluten-free macaroni or replace macaroni with cauliflower or potato for gluten-free version.
*If you don’t like the Tofu smell, you can cook without the Tofu Cheese or use Vegan Cheese instead.