270g Canned Chickpeas (No added salt) - Drained
1 Tablespoon Carwari Chia Seed -Soaked in 1 Tablespoon of water for at least 10 minutes
1 Tablespoon Carwari White Hulled Tahini
3 Tablespoons Carwari Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Carwari Japanese Spicy Seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Carwari Agave Nectar
1/2 Tablespoon Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
1 Onion – Mined
100g Mushrooms – Minced
30g Celery - Minced
4 Cloves Garlic – Minced
1 Handful of Flat-leaf Parsley - Chopped
2 Sprigs of Coriander – Leaves and roots finely chopped
(Recommendation: use the 2 coriander roots as well for more flavour)
1-2 Teaspoons Ginger- Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds or Powder
2-3 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs
2 Sheets Puff Pastry (Vegetable fats base) - Thawed
1 Tablespoon Soy milk
1 Tablespoon Carwari Black Sesame Seeds for sprinkle
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Pan-fry the minced garlic, onions, celery, mushrooms, coriander roots and ginger with sesame oil until cooked and sprinkle the Spicy Seasoning.
3. Mash the drained chickpeas roughly.
4. Make the filling: Put the pan-fried ingredients, chopped parsley and coriander leaves, cumin, soaked Chia Seeds, Tahini, Agave Nectar and Worcestershire Sauce into the roughly mashed
chickpeas and combine together.
5. Add the breadcrumbs and adjust to your preferred texture.
6. Cut each puff pastry sheet in half.
7. Place the filling down the centre of the pastry and roll up the puff pastry to enclose the filling.
8. Line the tray with baking paper and place it seam side down.
9. Brush with soy milk and sprinkle Black Sesame Seeds.
10. Put in a pre-heated oven and bake for around 20 minutes until golden.
11. Cut each roll in half or into bite-sized portions to serve.
(Alternatively: you can cut the roll into bite-sized portions before baking)