Makes 15 - 20 of 4cm Diameter Rissoles
160g Lentils & 3 cups Water & A pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons Carwari Sesame Flour
1 Tablespoon Carwari White Tahini
1 Tablespoon Carwari Japanese Spicy Seasoning
1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon Carwari Agave Nectar (Optional – for milder taste)
Chia Gel – Soak 1 Tablespoon of Carwari Chia Seeds in 3 Tablespoons of Water for 15 minutes
1 cup Italian Flat Parsley – leaves & stalks
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour (if the mixture is too wet)
Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil for pan-frying
1. Cook lentils in 3 cups of boiling water and a pinch of salt for 5 – 10 minutes. Once cooked, drain the water and cool it down.
2. Put all ingredients, except the corn flour and oil, in a food processor and mix until combined, but leave some each ingredients texture and not pureed.
3. Transfer the mixture into a bowl. If the mixture is too wet, add corn flour little by little until you can shape.
4. Heat sesame oil in a frying-pan and pan-fry rissoles over medium heat.
5. Flip them over after 4 - 5 minutes. It might be soft and fragile so flip them carefully. Cook the other side for 3 - 5 minutes.
6. Serve with salad & a wedge of lemon. Drizzle Tahini Sauce and sprinkle some nuts or sesame seeds.
*If you shape them into balls, it might be easier to cook them in the oven.