250g Chicken Thigh Fillets (2-3 fillets) - Cut into 4-5 cm pieces
20ml Carwari Cooking Sake
15ml Carwari Extra Virgin Sesame Oil (for Pan-frying the Chicken Thigh Fillets)
20ml Carwari Mirin
10ml Carwari Agave Nectar
Carwari White Unhulled Sesame Seeds
Spring Onions - chopped
1. Combine chicken and cooking sake into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, prepare toasted sesame seeds. Put sesame seeds into a pan and toast them until dark golden. Shake the pan occasionally to toast them evenly. Take out from the pan and cool down.
3. Heat a pan and put sesame oil when pan becomes hot. Pan-fry chicken at high heat and let it sizzle for 2-3 minutes and turn over and cook the other side. If too much fat comes out from chicken wipe out the excess fat with a kitchen paper.
4. Add a tablespoon of water and put a lid on the pan. It lets chicken moist and tender.
5. For the teriyaki sauce, combine Tamari, Mirin and Agave Nectar well.
6. Pour the teriyaki sauce in the pan and coat chicken and cook further minute or so until the sauce is thick and glossy.
7. Place the teriyaki chicken on a plate and pour the sauce. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.